Questions referring to pollination ecology guided reading.
- Explain 4 pollination mechanism words . Try to find the Latin root of the words with a dictionary.
- Find examples of co evolution. And define it.
- What is the relation between the morphology of the flowers, the pollination and systematics. Think about the transformation of each part of the flower and inflorescence : bracts, sepals, petals, stamen, gynoecium, nectaries…..Find examples of convergence characters of the flower relating to pollination patterns.
- Sketch and describe the hypothetic pollination of viola according to your observations and the examples in the text. Give a definition to its pollination with the words in the text.
Questions referring to Armaments from Another Era guided reading.
- Define a divaricating shrub. Where can you find them ?
What is their supposed advantages and origin ?
- Why some fruit seem unadapted to their dissemators ?
Give an example
- Try to find some other aberrant case of fruit dispersal or armaments in the English flora.
- Will human plant selection and domestication find its partners in the future ? Can you already find some examples ?
Questions referring to Identification and verification of cultivated plants at the Royal Botanic
Garden Edinburgh guided reading.
- Compare with the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew.
2. Barlow, C. 2000. The Ghosts of Evolution.
3. Maxwell, H.S. (l 999). Identification and verification of cultivated plants at the Royal Botanic
4. Gerald S. Barad, M.D. 1988. Pollination of the Stapeliads
5. Emerging from the Dark Ages R.K. Brummitt
6. Yeo, P.F. 1992. Secondary Pollen Presentation Form, Function and Evolution. Sprimger-Verlag Wien, New-York. 268pp.